Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Z-Fold Sea Turtle



I have a workshop this weekend and this is one of the cards we will be making.  Some of the ladies loved this Land to Sea Card I made in June but never made it.  So I thought I would recreate a similar card using the turtles, which I love from this set.  

  • The background was created a little differently.  I lightly sponged the whole piece of Watercolor paper with the Soft Sky Ink.  Using a torn piece of paper, I sponged Pool Party and Mint Macaroon to create the ripples of water.  Lightly sponged the edges using the Mint Macaroon Ink.  After the background was created I used a very wet Aqua Painter and hit it against my fingers to leave water drops on the card.  That is how I created the droplets on the card front.  
  • Once the card was dry, I used the torn piece of paper, I sponged the bottom with crumb cake ink to create the sand.  
  • I used the bottom of the Jelly Fish to create the sea grass, using the Pool Party and Mint Macaroon Ink.  
  • I stamped 3 turtles in Early Espresso Ink on a scrap of very vanilla.  I used my Crumb Cake and Mint Macaroon marker to color the turtles. I fussy cut all 3 turtles and attached 2 to the card front and 1 to the inside piece.  

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!
Karen

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments: