Thursday, July 16, 2015

PPA260 Two Cards


When I saw this week's PPA260 sketch, I thought it would be great to use with the Brick Wall Embossing Folder.  I decided to pull out a retired SAB set call Feeling Sentimental.  I have been wanting to make a Dr Who card for a few family members that are Dr. Who fans.  I thought the Brick Wall would be a great backdrop for the image.  For the inside, I had to use the Retired Carry On Stamp Set. 
Since I was playing with the Retired SAB set, I wanted to play with my other favorite image from this set.  I love the vintage bike, so I decided to try and make a vintage brick wall.  I was not sure what colors to use, truly I added so many colors I am going to have to recreate and write them down.  With my Very Vanilla Piece of paper I used Smoky Slate, Tip Top Taupe, a little Cajun Craze, more Tip Top Taupe, some Whisper White.  I was really going for a grayish wall but ended up with this and was not sure what colors to use on the card, nothing worked with it so I added some Delightful Dijon to the wall and I loved it.  I had to use the new lace ribbon and the little flowers to give it that feminine touch.  



Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!
Karen

3 comments:

  1. What a duo! I love both of these. The starting point of the Brick Embossing Folder is great, the second one looks so real! I know whoever gets these will love them. Thanks so much for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cards! The second is my favorite. Your brick wall is great,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...that's it - I need to do a brick wall. Great post and oh so fun! thanks for playing with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete