Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 251


 I wanted to play again with the Butterfly Basic Stamp Set and the Framelits and I thought I would use the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 251 for inspiration.

The piece of Whisper White was stamped using the I Love Lace in Sahara Sand and the leaves in Pear Pizzazz.  I stamped the flowers in Memento Ink and used my markers to color in the image. The flowers looked a little dull so I stamped again on a scrap piece of paper,  colored them with the Blendablilities and fussy cut the flowers and attached to the main image with mini glue dots.  I did spray the flowers with my homemade shimmer mist to give them a little shimmer.

The main cardbase is Blushing Bride that I randomly stamped with the chicken wire image in Sahara Sand ink.  I wrapped the stamped piece with the Old Olive and Blushing Bride Baker Twine.  Both pieces are popped with Stampin Dimensionals.  Everything is lightly sponged with Sahara Sand Ink to give it a nice vintage look.

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Very lovely! The background stamp adds so much depth, its a wonderful idea. And your Blendability coloring of the blossoms really makes them pop. Beautiful card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete