Wednesday, November 5, 2014

MOJO370 Many Merry Stars and Lost Lagoon



Here's a couple cards I made using the Snowflake images in the Many Merry Stars Stamp Set from the Holiday Supplement and this weeks MOJO Monday Card Sketch 370.  If you have not noticed, I did not get into the Stars when they first came out. Well until the supplement came out and I just had to get this set.  I could not wait to use it my November Project for the Paper Crafter Sampler.  More information will be posted on November 10th.  I
decide to change it around and use Pool Party, Lost Lagoon, and Silver and only use the snowflakes this time.  I loved the way it turned out.  It looks so much better in person.

I did something different, which I am not sure I am suppose to, but I added some Silver Embossing Powder to my Pool Party Embossing Powder.  I thought to added a little more sparkle to the pool party, and you should know I LOVE SPARKLE especially at CHRISTMAS!  Oh course I had to add some Rhinestones to the centers.

Why two different cards, you ask?  I could not decide on which type of ribbon or saying.  I first used the retired "Peace on Earth" with the Lost Lagoon 3/8" stitched Satin Ribbon.  I changed the saying around, I really wanted to use the Baby It's Cold Outside saying from the Project Life Holiday Cheer Stamp Set (We love that Christmas Song in our house) and used the Lost Lagoon 3/8" Silky Taffeta Ribbon.  I do love them both.

This card was not too hard to put together.  I just had a hard time trying to decide on the layout of the snowflake images.  

I am sorry I have not posted in a couple weeks, I have pictures to post but I have been so busy ever since the Oyster Festival.  Last week I worked on Halloween Treats for my daughters class and 120 treats for my son's school from the PTSO.  This week I am working on my last few Christmas Cards and will be posting those within the week. I will later post pictures of the Halloween Treats and from the Oyster Festival.  I had such a good time and the weather was great (Maybe a little too windy but great).

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!

Thanks,
Karen

2 comments:

  1. What a stunning card! I love the colors, the snowflakes and the embossing. Such an exquisite creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I LOVE your mixed embossing powders, this is soo awesome! Beautiful cards, too! TFS (I appreciated your how-to)!!

    ReplyDelete