Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Gentle Peace



Have you seen the Photopolymer Stamp Set that came out last month?  I fell in love with it when I saw it.  Well to tell you the truth, it has been driving me crazy this past week.  I have tried so many different ways to showcase the image.

When I first saw this set I wanted to use Vellum and do the stain glass technique.  Well I did that with my markers and covered it with clear embossing powder and the vellum just would not sit down correctly.  I still want to go back and work with the vellum and make a window but I thought it would be too much for a class.
  
I went back to see what other people were doing with this stamp.  I saw someone used the window sheet and the Blendabilities.  But when I tried it I did not like the way the markers colored the sheet.  So I just threw in the towel and settled with the Whisper White Cardstock, Memento Ink and Blendabilities.  The colored image was much brighter than on the vellum, which I love.  After the image was all colored in, I covered the image using my VersaMark Ink and Clear Embossing Powder and heat set.  I cutout my image and glued it to a piece of Night of Navy and hand-cut around that image to make a border.

My other two problems I could not figure out was what to do with the background and what colors to use on the image.  I really like the new Filigree Frame Embossing Folder with this set but believe it or not I do not have that one...aarrgghh!!!  I tried a few different ones and settled on the Retired Framed Tulip Embossing Folder.  In my next order, I am ordering that Filigree Frame Embossing Folder because I want to use it on this card.  I settled on Smoky Slate, Night of Navy, Wisteria Wonder and Daffodil Delight.  I do love the way it tried out, don't you?

I have been on the fence about the Blendabilities for a little while.  I do like them with this Stamp Set which is funny because that is why they created this stamp, to showcase the Blendabilities.

Thanks for stopping by and please let me know what you think!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment