Monday, June 16, 2014

Wetlands Simple Masculine Card


Here's a simple masculine card that I made for Father's Day using the Wetlands Stamp Set.  The Wetlands stamp set is a set that I first dismissed from the catalog last year.  I did not really see the potential of this stamp set.  Honestly I was not crazy about the duck at first and now I think it is one of my favorite images.  

I started with a piece of watercolor paper, I applied water to the paper using my aqua painter.  I than added some Pear Pizzazz ink to the bottom part and Soft Sky to the top of the paper.  After I let it dry I stamped the duck image with Early Espresso Ink.  I stamped the grasses with Pear Pizzazz ink around the image of the duck.  I lightly added some Pear Pizzazz ink to the duck using my aqua painter.  You have to be careful, the Early Espresso ink will bleed a little but I liked the look it gave to the duck.  I sponged all the pieces with the Crumb Cake ink.

If you have not received a new catalog and you don't have a demonstrator, let me know and I will mail you a catalog.  Also if you are in my area (South Anne Arundel County), I am thinking of doing some local card  workshops.  Please let me know if you are interested.  

Thanks for looking,
Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment