Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sneak Peek The Sounding Joy



Last night, I pulled out one of the new stamp sets from the 2011 Holiday Mini Catalog. The stamp set is called "The Sounding Joy" and it is a pretty stamp set and I think it will become one of my favorites. I also played with the new Textured Impressions Embossing Folder "Snow Burst" and the Stampin' Emboss Powder - Pewter; both are in the 2011 Holiday Mini Catalog.

The colors are Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, and Wild Wasabi. I stamped the star saying in Daffodil Delight on a 3" circle that I cut using my Originals Die 3"circle #122125. It was layer on the big scallop from the Bigz Die Scallop Circle #2 - #113469. The main card base I used the Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - Stripes #123128.

The inside of the card is stamped with the saying from "The Sounding Joy" and the snowflakes are from the "Snow Swirled" Stamp Set #111690. I did use some of the Dazzling Details (New 2011 Holiday Mini) to make the snowflakes sparkle. Finally, you guessed it I sprayed the entire card using the homemade shimmer spray. This is made using the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol.


If you are one of my customer you should be recieving the Holiday Mini in the mail soon. Don't forget you can start ordering from the holiday mini on September 1st. Also let me know what you think about this card. I am thinking of having it as one of the cards in the Christmas Card Class. Today is my last day with the kids, my two oldest go back tomorrow and my youngest does not start until next Monday.

If you have any questions, please send me an email or post a comment.

Thanks - Karen

3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card. I love the shimmer on it and all the beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely stunning! Just love finishing the inside of the cards too! TSMFS (Thanks So Much For Sharing)

    ReplyDelete