Sunday, October 18, 2009

Spooky Spider on Canvas

Sorry it has been such a long time since my last post. I decided last month that we should paint our main living area and hallways. I thought the sooner the better. Of course I am the painter in the family which meant I just added another job to my list of things to do, but I so wanted the house painted before the holidays. Needless to say, I have been busy with painting, getting ready for scrapbook Camp, crop, In-Home workshop and all the other duties that involve being a wife and mother of 3.

For those that know me, I am always thinking of things to make and do, and sometimes, my mind works better when I am stressed or doing multiple things at once (which seems to be all the time..hahaha). While I was painting my house, I was thinking about Stampin' Up! Decor Elements and how I could use them in my house. I really like the Holiday images but did not want to put them on my walls because I could not reuse them. So I decided to use the same paint from my walls and went out and bought a three pack of the 18X20 canvas boards and a decorative frame from the local craft store. I painted the canvas boards with the same paint I used on the walls and decided to use the "Spooky Spider" image during Halloween. I will change the canvas out with each Holiday. I am thinking about the "Season of Blessing" during Thanksgiving, "Dasher" or "Jingle all the Way" for Christmas and the "Tree, Thoughts and Prayers" for our everyday image.

How easy and simple is that? Definitely a cool idea! So what about you, have you looked at the "Definitely Decorative" catalog from Stampin' Up!? There are so many possibilities, take a look, the link is located on the left sidebar of my blog.

Check back later today, I am going to post the directions for the Photo Wallet. I wanted to wait until I had the In-home Workshop, which was this past Thursday.

Thanks for looking.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment