Monday, June 8, 2009

Card Sketch SC229

This is my very first challenge. This sketch is from SplitcoastStampers under Card Sketches. This challenge was posted 2 weeks ago but I saw the sketch and knew what I wanted to do. After completing my first challenge I find it gets my creativity grove going. I was ready to move on to last weeks challenge but I have other things I have to get done today. I plan to do more sketches once the kids get out of school. This week has been crazy.


The card base is Very Vanilla, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip. The Chocolate Chip and Old Olive pieces were run through the big shot using the textured plates and finished with a sanding block. I have always been afraid to use the textured plates...I'm not sure why. They are very easy to use. On the bottom right side of the card I added three 5/16" Neutral Jumbo Brads, I love these brads. The image is from the stamp set Inspired by Nature. I did emboss this image with clear embossing powder and Old Olive Craft Ink. I used the Horizontal Slot Punch to punched out brown slots to add to the image.

Thanks for looking!
Karen

2 comments: